Monday 7 September 2015

Study: WhatsApp Check Marks Frustrates Selfish People

The Research Institute for Random Things (RIRT) has revealed that people are increasingly becoming frustrated with WhatsApp message check marks. A single grey check mark indicates to the sender that the message had been sent but not delivered. Double grey check marks indicates that the message had been sent and delivered but not read. Double blue check marks indicates that the message had been sent, delivered and read. Frustrations arise from recipients who have no wish whatsoever for responding to a message, but would like to read the message.
WhatsApp check marks are a bugger to a large portion of the world's
population

Jonathan Wells, who took part in the study said: “It’s frustrating. I often receive messages when I’m doing nothing. I don’t feel like responding to any messages, but I’d like to read them. But when I read them, it would indicate to the sender that I had read the message and that would put pressure on me to respond immediately. I don’t want to do that. I’d rather reply when I want to, which is usually the next day, or not at all. I just want to sit and do nothing. It spoils my entire day”.
The study revealed that the average amount of time it takes for a delivered message to receive a reply is 19 hours, which is 7 hours up over last year’s results.
“People don’t want to respond immediately” said RIRT’s head of research, Theo Vermeulen. “These frustrations stem from self-centered people who have a preference for responding whenever they want to. We have tabled a proposal to have the check mark rescinded. If WhatsApp agrees to the proposal, a large portion of the world's population would live happier lives”.


No comments:

Post a Comment